Impetro is a web based purchasing system utilising proprietary Microsoft software that we initially developed in 2008 for Cairncross Martin (Dubai) for global procurement services.
Cairncross Martin Pty Ltd (CCM) is a specialist Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) and Operating Supplies & Equipment (OS&E) consultancy providing Procurement Services to the Hospitality Industry internationally. The Company was established in 1991 in Sydney, providing projects in many regions including Australia, S-E Asia, The Pacific and Indian Oceans, South Africa, China and United Arab Emirates. The Dubai office headed by Mr Ian McDonald was established during May 2005.
IMPETRO is a web based procurement management system which was developed and maintained by Aptitude Management Services (AMS) for CCM using Microsoft .NET framework 1.1. The application ran with Microsoft Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition on a server located in Hong Kong. The system was modified by the software vendor over the years to suit CCM’s needs but by 2013, the developments strategies/practices and software that were used to develop IMPETRO had become outdated.
To take advantage of current technologies and improve stability, IMPETRO Framework has been updated to '.NET Framework 4.5' which is the latest recognize version. Along with the operating system update (Windows Server 2012 R2), CCM decided to develop and implement a purpose built solution to manage its procurement processes. The updated IMPETRO system can:
- Perform CCM’s procurement functionality using a simple but effective user friendly interface.
- Be utilised for managing business operations for other offices worldwide.
- Provide real-time access for clients - secured by password protection.
- Manage budget control, purchase orders, invoicing and payment processing.
- Manage provision of the Project’s Assets Register.
- Manage thousands of procurement partners, suppliers via the Address Book.
- Data can be exported, for example to Excel, for manipulation and analysis.
- Analyze data and status using various standard reports.
- Maintain data integrity and confidentiality by means of built-in security features.